1 - Re-install the fresh air blower and control boxes
2 - Install the Front Battery Rack and Box
3 - Install the Middle Battery Rack and Box
Re-installing the fresh air blower and control boxes was a major PITA. Thanks to the kind contributors at 914world.com, I was able to figure out how to re-cable it all back together and actually make it work with the climate control assembly in the dash. Here's a pic of it all back together, minus of course, the hoses that I have yet to order that connect the blower to the control boxes and the control boxes to the dash vents. I can actually push the blower lever to the three positions and feel the air come out of the blower at the correct settings.
Here is a pic of the passenger side control box with the control cables correctly hooked up.
Driver's side control box:
And fresh air blower showing one of the exhaust vents with the new seal:
Now, onto the more interesting stuff. Here's the front trunk prior to battery rack install:
And a shot of the battery rack installed. Just need to drill four holes in the rear and four in the front. The rear used two bars with two bolts welded to each pushed up from the bottom and attached to the rack using nylock nuts. ElectroAutomotive only provided one bar in the kit they sent me and thus I had to fabricate the second one. The front used 1/4" bolts and nylock nuts to hold down the tabs of the rack.
And, of course, a gratutious shot of the front battery box installed.
Moving on to the middle battery rack. Here's a pic of the driver side rack mount. What's interesting here is that the rack mount uses the two top bolts of the stabilizer arm to attach to.
And a pic of the passenger side rack mount which also uses the two top bolts of the stabilizer arm to attach to.
And of course, ElectroAutomotive also failed to send me the two pieces of 1-1/2" x 29" angle iron cross beams. I only ordered three things from EA, 1) battery rack/box kit, 2) motor adaptor, and 3) motor mount. Not only did I not get a detailed itemized list so I could not check what I didn't get (very sneaky of them) but I failed to receive the exhaust kit which is included in the kit. Now, bare in mind I don't need it, but I paid for it and never got it. I did complain in e-mails and letters to no avail. Also, the motor mount was also incorrectly drilled for mounting to my Warp9 which I blogged about previously. Here's a pic of the entire middel rack assembly installed:
Another gratuitious shot of the middle battery box installed:
And yet another but showing both front and middle battery boxes installed:
Stay tuned for more exciting developments as we get closer to getting this EV on the road and experiencing the "grin".