Sunday, April 11, 2010

Painting the Interior

April 11, 2010 - I was able to wrap up priming with Rust Encapsulator on Friday, thus enabling me to start painting the interior on Saturday. Had to take my son Woody car viewing first part of the day to see what kind of vehicle he'd be happy with. He's starting USF in the fall and will need a dependable car to commute to school and back every day. So I started rather late in the day, about 4:00PM, but with plenty of time to get a first coat on.

As fate would have it, I was about 90% complete when the spray gun quit working and thus had to quit for the day and give it a good cleaning. I restarted on Sunday and was able to finalize the first coat. At this point, I ran out of the blue metallic paint and I'm debating whether or not buy more to give it a second coat. If I do decide to buy more, I'll get enough to paint the hell hole/transaxle area too. The price of the paint will be the decision point for sure.

I'm really pleased as to how well the blue paint sprayed on. Here are some pictures of the finalized first coat:

Passenger view of seat and foot well:



Passenger view of foot well:



Passenger view of seat back area:



View of driver and passenger seat back area:



Driver view of seat back area:



Driver view of seat well:



Driver view of foot well:



Driver view of console center tunnel:



Driver view of seat back firewall area:



Driver view of rocker panel:



Passenger view of rocker panel:



Passenger side gas tank area; you can clearly see the area above the driver foot well has been bashed in to accommodate the battery box that will hold three LA batteries:



Driver side gas tank area:

No comments: